The mechanics of the Fallen Witcher have been updated. Starting from 2 stars, this unit can now transform allied pieces into Fallen Witcher (FW).
While observing matches, I noticed that the positioning sometimes prevented the intended piece from transforming. After conducting tests and consulting with developers, I’ve ascertained the exact order of transformation and created this guide. The skill is activated based on the proximity calculated from the line below the piece, targeting the nearest piece first.
Consequently, if a Unicorn is positioned directly adjacent to the FW unit on any side, the Unicorn located directly below will become the target of the FW’s skill first and if there are no units below he will target unit on his left etc.
Fallen Witcher skill involves both HP exchange and transformation:
- HP Exchange: The skill targets the unit with the highest health.
- Multiple High-HP Units: If there are several units with equally high HP, the closest one will be targeted.
- Transformation: The skill targets the nearest unit for transformation.
Understanding these mechanics can greatly enhance your strategy when using a FW composition, ensuring more effective transformations.
Key Points to Consider When Positioning for Transformations
I’ll introduce some crucial points to be mindful of when setting up your board for optimal transformations:
- Distance Placement for Unwanted Transformations: If there are any pieces you don’t want to transform, place them far from the transformation unit.
- Avoiding One-Star Transformations: To prevent transforming into a one-star unit, avoid placing potential targets directly behind the transformation unit. If you must place them there, ensure their attack range doesn’t cause them to move forward.
- Intentional Transformations: To intentionally transform a specific three-star unit, generally place it below or to the left of the transformation unit.
Since there are many similar patterns, let’s look at some specific examples to illustrate these points.
To ensure that the Whisper Seer transforms, position it directly behind the FW for transformation.
To facilitate the transformation of the Unicorn and Whisper Seer, position them below and to the left of the FW.
When using a Glint Ring, place the chess piece you want to transform on the opposite side, either to the left or right, of the FW.
When aiming to transform both Resentful Murk and the Unicorn while using a Glint Ring, position the Resentful Murk so that it jumps to the diagonally opposite corner. Place the Unicorn on the opposite side, either left or right, relative to the FW.
That concludes this FW’s transformation mechanism guide. I hope these tips and strategies help enhance your gameplay in Auto Chess. Remember, sometimes it takes a bit of experimentation during battles to perfect your positioning strategy.